Floreant (pronounced FLO-ree-ent, “to flourish, propser or grow” in Latin) is an open source POS solution for the Small and Medium-sized restaurants, quick service and retails. Floreant POS is founded, contributed and maintained by OROCUBE LLC, and promoted by authorized business partners.
Floreant POS was founded in 2009 and in 2014 it ranked top 3 opensource POS project in google reaching 166,000 downloads and 25,000 active stores in 2016.
In 2014, OROCUBE LLC setup its office in Lexington, South Carolina with the goal of transforming the successful open source POS project into a growing and sustainable commercial open source business. In 2015, the company added Managing Directors, revamped engineering and support processes, and expanded its sales and service channels.
The application and source code is provided on the basis of the MRPL 1.2 a variant of Mozilla Public License version 1.1; Floreant POS is also available as supported product and available under separate commercial license.
- To benefit Restaurants with quality Information management system
- Make it free forever and let anyone access source code to improve over all quality
- Develop application in incremental fashion and add new features based on community input.
- Learning from community.
- Share technical and logistic knowledge
- Make it sustainable through commercial customization.
Through RIGHT technology and freedom of source code we will render hassle-free service that requires minimal maintenance and maximum performance
- Right technology demonstrated by usability and user-friendliness
- Quality of code understood by naming convention, optimized logic and minimum number of bugs.
- Freedom of source code ensured by releasing source code in a Public accessible server.
- Source code hosted in sourceforge.net Subversion
- Standard Java Executable
- Live System (Live CD, Live DVD or USB Bootable) with support charge.
Open source projects may slow down due to lack of monetization and a sustainable business model.